Did you know the National School Bus Safety Week is next week 10/18-10/22?
McLeod Express loves our kids and want to make sure you are taking all the cautionary steps regarding School Bus Safety. Here are a few reminders to keep everyone safe!
- Never pass a school bus when its lights are flashing and stop sign is extended.
- Never pass a school bus on the right side. This is where children enter and exit the bus.
- Try to stay farther behind a bus that you would another vehicle, giving you more time to stop when necessary.
- In many states, school bus drivers can report illegally passing vehicles and the action does not need to be observed by law enforcement for the driver to be cited.
- When you spot a bus, it is a good idea to go ahead and assume there are kids around and drive with extra caution. Always expect the unexpected.