The history of McLeod Express, LLC
- 1986, Mark McLeod founded McLeod Express, LLC.
- Mark began hauling grain for his father’s farming business and moved into commercial hauling shortly afterwards winning contracts with large local companies such as Archer Daniels, Tate & Lyle and GSI. While the original focus was providing reliable service at a reasonable cost to central Illinois customers, Mark soon expanded the company scope of operations throughout the Midwest and eventually across the eastern United States.
- 2002, McLeod launched its Decatur Warehousing operation, providing food grade storage capabilities.
- 2010, McLeod opened its Bulk Division with focus on serving customers dump & hopper equipment needs.
- 2011, McLeod Logistics opened, arranging transportation services for its customers across the United States including areas outside the normal scope of operations for its trucking fleets.
- Today McLeod is a diversified provider of transportation, logistics and warehousing services with 400 plus dedicated employees. Transportation services include:
- 2019, Mark McLeod names his son, Colt McLeod, President over the business. Colt started his trucking career as a teenager washing trucks in Assumption. Shortly after college, Colt started our brokerage division in St Louis, where he lived for 7 years before moving to Decatur with his family to take a larger role on the asset side of the business. After spending two years in Decatur in various departments expanding his knowledge of the trucking business, his hard work and dedication has been rewarded!
- One Way Van
- Dedicated Van & Specialized
- Bulk, Dump & Hopper
- Intermodal Drayage
- Local and Hostling
Copyright 2018. McLeod Express, LLC. All Rights Reserved.