Meet our Management Team
McLeod Express Management
- Mark McLeod - CEO/Founder
- Colt McLeod - President
- Colt McLeod has grown up his entire life around the trucking company and spent time in numerous roles since he started working at McLeod Express when he was 14 years old. Right out of college, Colt started our brokerage company, McLeod Logistics, which is still located in St Louis, MO today. In the Spring of 2017, Colt and his family moved to Decatur, IL to take a larger role within McLeod, where he currently serves as President. Colt completed the Illinois Trucking Leadership Program in 2018 and is a actively involved in other transportation organizations to expand his knowledge of our industry. Colt's wife, Katie, is a teacher in Mt Zion, IL and he's the proud father of his young son, Brody. In his spare time, he loves to cheer on the St. Teresa Bulldogs, Chicago Bears, St Louis Cardinals, and the Illinois Fighting Illini!
- Beth Sams - CFO
- Beth Sams is the CFO and has been with McLeod Express for 11 years. Beth graduated from Illinois State University in 1993, went on to pass the CPA exam and spent the next 15 years working in the manufacturing industry. She joined McLeod in 2008 and was named CFO in 2014. She enjoys spending time outdoors and following her 3 kids in their various activities.
- Cody Johnson - Director of Van Operations
- My name is Cody Johnson. Cody grew up south of Fort Smith, Arkansas, married my high school sweetheart and spent the better part of a decade at USA Truck INC before relocating to Decatur with my wife and son in 2014. As Director of Van Operations for McLeod, my primary objective is to oversee the dispatch, customer service and load planning for the road division of our dry van offering. Cody's goal is to support our drivers through support, education and training for our great operations staff here in Decatur. I truly believe our organization is different from others in all of the right ways & strive to make our organization better by doing my part to build on the legacy of an incredible organization. We have a past to be proud of, a present to hang our hat on and a future to be excited about. In my personal life, my main passion is boating and camping with my family. I also enjoy going to the gym, reading and music.
- Tom Padgett - Director of Recruiting
- I Started in Trucking as a driver back in the 1990’s. I’ve worked in a number of departments over time including Operations, Recruiting and Safety. I’ve been a part of Dedicated start up’s in New England, Florida and the Midwest. Here at McLeod I’m the Terminal Manager at Lafayette Indiana and also work closely with the Recruiting Team in Decatur. I’m very passionate about the power of being positive and helping people reach their full potential. I spend a great deal of time working and advocating for our Drivers. I believe they do amazing work, and they do this work in difficult conditions often away from home and family for days, or even weeks, at a time. I can’t thank them enough for the sacrifice they make to help keep our country moving. My wife, family and I reside in Indiana and enjoy spend time with the kids, farming and doing some travel when time allows. I’m very grateful and excited to a part of the McLeod team!
- Mitzi Hartman - Director of Safety
- Mitzi Hartman is a Certified Director of Safety and has worked in the trucking industry for 30 years - the past 23 years here at McLeod. She has led our Safety Dept. since 2007. In March of 2018 filled the role of Director of Recruiting for a year before leading our efforts in retention. Mitzi completed the Illinois Trucking Leadership Program in 2016. Mitzi sat on the Illinois Trucking Foundation's board in 2017 & 2018. She Started the Teens Trucks & Traffice program in Decatu, IL, that educates teens on how to safely drive with commercial traffic. She is married to husband Glen, has 5 children, and 11 grandchildren. She enjoys spending time with her family, taking family vacations, music, and helping with non-profit organization initiatives in her off time. She loves football and is an avid Packers fan! Go Pack Go!
- Sherri Camfield - Human Resources
- Sherri Camfield Bertsch brings over 20 years of transportation experience to McLeod Express, she has lead our Human Resource department for the past 11 years. Prior to her current role she worked in the Accounting Department auditing accounts and assisting with tax filings. Her priorities are overseeing benefits, payroll, 401K, Company policies, company staffing needs, training, retention and she also is the corporate expert on our current and past fuel vendors. Sherri entered the transportation industry as a book keeper for a local company where she gained knowledge and exposure to various aspects of transportation from accounting, dispatch, planning, customer service, safety, human resource and maintenance. She holds certifications in the fields of HR and Safety. She resides locally with her husband and 4 of her 7 children. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, including her grandson, any outdoor activities, reading and sports.
- Alan Cox - Dedicated Account Operations
- Alan has been with McLeod Express for 21 years. He started his career dispatching and planning for all fleets. In 2000 Alan moved into the recruiting department where he dealt even more with the intricacies of our various trucking segments. For the last 2 years he has overseen all of our dedicated moves.
- John Ritchie - National Accounts
- John Ritchie joined McLeod Express in 2017 as Director of National Accounts. Ritchie brings over 30 years of transportation experience to the McLeod family of companies. He last served as Vice President of Sales for PMT Express. Prior to PMT, he was Vice President Enterprise Sales at CRST International, Inc. Prior to CRST, John served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Willis Shaw Express. John attended Allegheny College and is a United States Air Force Veteran.
- Bruce Garner - Bulk Sales
- Bruce has had 22 years experience working in various capacities in the utility business and 12 years working in the bulk commodity trucking business prior to joining our team 6 years ago. Bruce is married to his lovely wife, Bethany. He and Bethany have of 3 daughters and are the proud grandparents of 3 grandchildren.
- Barry Aumiller - Logistics Sales
- Barry Aumiller is a National Account Manger working in the transportation industry for over 13 years. Experience including fuel/comdata operations, fleet manager, account manager, and regional sales manager. These positions have led to discovering, implementing, developing, and growing strategic partnerships. These collaborations range from mom and pop shops to fortune 500 companies by adding value to their supply chain’s with McLeod Express, McLeod Logistics, and McLeod Dedicated solutions. He studied at Missouri State University with degrees in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Business Administration. He enjoys his spare time as a fur daddy to Yogi and Teddy. Hobbies include bass fishing, golf, and watching sports. Go Cards! LGB!!!
- Mike Mclain - Warehouse
- Mike McLain is the Warehouse Manager and has been with McLeod since 2004. He is married to Katy and has two children, Rhett and Kooper. He is a volunteer fireman and EMT and spends his free time involved with Central A & M athletics. He coaches youth football, basketball, baseball, and cheers on his Raiders at every opportunity. IAGDTBAR!!!!
- Keith Zuber - IT Director
- Keith Zuber recently joined the McLeod team in early 2018. He has spent 12 years in Information Technology in various roles including Network Administrator, Security Administrator, and IT Director. He is married to his wife Laura with 2 girls, Cassie and Jenny. He enjoys Kayaking, fishing for Largemouth, Cubs fan, and loves to travel.
Copyright 2018. McLeod Express, LLC. All Rights Reserved.