The history of McLeod Express, LLC
- 1996, Mark McLeod founded McLeod Express, LLC.
- Mark began hauling grain for his father’s farming business and moved into commercial hauling shortly afterwards winning contracts with large local companies such as Archer Daniels, Tate & Lyle and GSI. While the original focus was providing reliable service at a reasonable cost to central Illinois customers, Mark soon expanded the company scope of operations throughout the Midwest and eventually across the eastern United States.
- 2002, McLeod launched its Decatur Warehousing operation, providing food grade storage capabilities.
- 2010, McLeod opened its Bulk Division with focus on serving customers dump & hopper equipment needs.
- 2011, McLeod Logistics opened, arranging transportation services for its customers across the United States including areas outside the normal scope of operations for its trucking fleets.
- Today McLeod is a diversified provider of transportation, logistics and warehousing services with 400 plus dedicated employees. Transportation services include:
- One Way Van
- Dedicated Van & Specialized
- Bulk, Dump & Hopper
- Intermodal Drayage
- Local and Hostling